GATE 2014 Counselling - After getting good score in GATE Exam 2014, now it's time for GATE 2014 Counselling, GATE Counselling 2014 Dates, Procedure and guideline for GATE Admission 2014.
GATE 2014 exam was conducted in the February month and the GATE 2014 Result was declared on March 27 at 10 PM. GATE 2014 counselling has already been started by many of the engineering colleges in India.
Candidates, who have successfully qualified in the GATE exam and are now seeking admission in the post-graduation programs in one of the IITs or NITs, can start applying for the GATE 2014 counselling. GATE Counselling will be held by all the institutions offering admissions to the M.Tech courses across India. GATE score card is valid for two years. Here, we discuss the detailed GATE 2014 counselling procedure.
GATE 2014 Counselling Procedure
GATE counselling will be conducted individually by each participating organization. The procedure may differ a little depending on the eligibility criteria defined by the particular organization. The basic GATE 2014 counselling procedure includes the following steps.
1. Candidates need to make a list of the institutions that accept admissions through GATE score.
2. All the institutes including the IITs and IIITs advertise in the Newspapers and leading education portals for the admission of candidates in various post-graduation courses.
3. Candidates will have to apply individually to the institute for a particular program as per the procedure given in the advertisement. (The detailed application procedure will be available on the institute’s website/advertisement)
4. Based on the GATE score and other criteria, candidates will be called upon for the interview/test round by the particular institute.
5. NITs allow admission only through CCMT counselling, which will be held later this year. Candidates seeking admission in one of the NITs must wait for the CCMT 2014.
6. GATE qualified candidates are also allowed to appear in the counselling procedure organized after many other PG entrance exams like the AP PGECET 2014, TANCET 2014, Karnataka PGCET 2014 etc.